Cobiax Technology is based on generating specific hollows inside a reinforced concrete slab. Massive concrete is replaced by synthetic void formers and remains only in statically relevant areas. Thus, it is possible to construct buildings with flat slabs while allowing for remarkable span width.
The highlight of the unique rounded shape: Stable support and considerable weight savings.
> Discover our product variants
Efficient and explored
The efficiency and sustainability of Cobiax void former modules are apparent even at early construction stages: A single truckload ready-to-use Cobiax void former modules replaces an average of seven concrete truck loads at the building site. The technology itself presents additional advantages with superior benefits to all partners involved.
Our idea became market-ready in 2005 – since then we have continued to further develop it into an internationally patented and multiple award-winning technology in building construction, which we have been further researching and defining for years.
The idea: The floating principle
Why is a bird able to fly? It's simple: Its bones form a solid frame made out of hollows and struts. The bird doesn't carry unnecessary weight, yet it is completely stable. Our idea follows this elaborate principle of nature: maximum weight optimization without any loss of static performance.
In building shells concrete presents by far the biggest mass and volume carrier – therefore the reduction of this highly energy intensive material has proven to be particularly effective.
Are you interested in Cobiax technology?
> Contact us
Your advantages at a glance
Efficient and light
- Significant material savings
- Reduction of slab depth and weight
- Strain relief of all load-bearing building elements
- Ideal for poor building ground or foundation optimization
- Bi-axial load transfer
- Reduction of deformations
- Simplification of earthquake proofs
- Up to 35 percent lighter than solid slabs
- Up to 45 percent fewer columns
- Up to 25 meters slab span width
- Lower priced than conventional systems
- High savings potential for concrete, reinforcement steel, supporting cages
- Optimization of foundation and entire load-bearing structure
- Simple installation without extra work
- Enlargement of usable surface and more effective conversion
- Value enhancement of the object through positive influence on sustainability certifications like DNGB, LEED or BREEAM
Universal and safe
- Internationally plannable according to country specific norms
- German homologation pursuant to Eurocode
- Global network of distributors and licensees
- Adaptable to all floor plans
- Usable for in-situ concrete, precast and fully finished elements
- Combines easily with prestressing, building element temperature management, etc
- Compatible with any building type
- Verifiably earthquake-proof through mass reduction
- Reduced damage potential
- Generally more latitude for spacial planning
- Outstanding life cycle assessment
- Made from 100 percent recycled materials
- Up to 20 percent reduction of eco-toxic substances
- Up to 22 percent reduction of primary energy needs
- Environmental product declaration (EDP) for the entire voided flat plate slab